On May 4, French digital figures in Ukraine officially passed the French Tech certification. French Tech Kyiv joins the powerful French Tech network, the French startup movement.
The French Tech network is a unique ecosystem that brings together young innovative companies, investors, and leaders in the digital sector, currently has 53 communities in France and 56 abroad in more than 100 cities around the world. French Tech Kyiv has the following missions:
- To unite around one label all the figures of French technology or interested in the innovative French ecosystem;
- To organize events to promote the brand and revitalize the community;
- To attach more importance to the Franco-Ukrainian technological ecosystem, promoting the advantages of France in the field of innovation and the importance of Kyiv in European technologies;
- To support startups and innovative companies in their international development by supporting or retransmitting French startups wishing to develop their activities in Ukraine;
- To build active relationships with other French Tech communities in other countries and other technology communities in Ukraine.
“We are very pleased with this certification. Many French startups have decided to grow in Kyiv, and the French Tech brand will help support their development, encourage collective initiatives and strengthen ties between France and Ukraine in the innovation sector,” said Dominique Piotet, President of French Tech Kyiv. “This is also an advantage for Kyiv as a center of innovation on the European continent.”
French Ambassador in Ukraine Etienne de Poncins said: “France and Ukraine, the two main players in new technologies on the European continent, have every opportunity to expand their joint activities in this field. I congratulate French Tech in Ukraine on receiving this recognized and selective certification: it gives it international visibility and is an important step in the development of cooperation between French and Ukrainian companies in this sector.”
At a crucial moment for the technological ecosystem, the bearer of new challenges and opportunities, the values of French Tech will be transferred to Ukraine. We look forward to seeing you in Kyiv with a program of events to mark the beginning of the French Tech Kyiv community.
Team of French Tech Kyiv:
President: Dominique Piotet, CEO of UNIT.City
Community Lead: Maud Joseph, Director of the Franco-Ukrainian Chamber of Commerce and Industry
Members: Louis Bellett, CEO of OpenWare; Arno Gulet, CEO of Assetum; Jeremy Lengre, CEO of Preste; Kevin Markowski, CEO of Spitche; Camille Moulin, CEO of Helios Tech; Pierre Pullen, CEO of Valeurs Tech; Olivier Van Temsche, CEO of Cools; Eugene Voronetsky, General Director of DevAtlant
Institutional Headquarters: Embassy of France in Ukraine (Business France Ukraine Office and Economic Service)
Around this strong core, many French companies, which are very well established in Ukraine and illustrate their voluntarism in innovation, supported the constitution of the La French Tech Kyiv community, including Auchan, Bla Bla Car, Crédit Agricole Bank, Decathlon, Global Distribution Ukraine, Jeantet, L’Oréal, Mazars, MasSeeds, Orange, Renault, and Ubisoft.