This Monday, leading Ukrainian ecosystem players together with European colleagues will meet at UNIT.City for a presentation of a fresh Policy Paper “Sharing of best practices in entrepreneurship support between V4 countries and Ukraine”. The participants will have a chance to get the insights on building the innovation ecosystem in historically similar countries and receive sound advice on how to implement the success stories in Ukraine.
This Paper was created as part of an International Visegrad Fund project for sharing best practices in entrepreneurship from Visegrad 4 countries in support of Ukraine, led by Neulogy (SK) in partnership with Impact Foundation (PL), Civitta Ukraine (UA), Óbuda University (HU) and Jan Evangelista Purkyně University (CZ). The aim of this collaboration was to share accumulated knowledge and experience in entrepreneurship support over the past 25 years and to encourage partnerships and knowledge exchange.
Each project partner will share a success story of launching initiatives like event series, regional innovation clusters, university programs, and dedicated funds. They will also highlight the role played by local governments in fostering innovation and entrepreneurship in their region. In addition, Ukrainian ecosystem actors (who work at accelerators, creative platforms, R&D organisations, universities and policy-making bodies) will get a chance to discuss approaches they use to solve common challenges and get insights on the methodologies used in CEE countries.
Visegrad Fund is an international donor organization, established in 2000 by the governments of the Visegrad Group countries—Czechia, Hungary, Poland and Slovakia to promote regional cooperation in the Visegrad region (V4) as well as between the V4 region and other countries, especially in the Western Balkans and Eastern Partnership regions.
9:30 – Registration and welcome coffee
10:00 – Welcome words from Project Partners
10:30 – Policy Paper presentation
11:30 – Panel 1: V4 countries ecosystem journey vs opportunities for Ukraine + QA with Project Partners
– Koranyi Laszlo, Director of Innovation ESN Óbuda University (Budapest)
– Tomas Sivicek, Director Inovační centrum Ústeckého kraje – ICUK(Innovation Centre of the Usti Region)
– Peter Kolesar, CEO Neulogy Ventures
Anna Basta, Head of Startups Impact CEE
– Anton Verkhovodov, Innovation Strategist Civitta Ukraine
12:15 – Сoffee break
12:30 – Panel 2: Findings from the Paper and future steps for Ukraine
– Kirill Mazur, Head of ecosystem and partnerships UNIT.City
– Olga Afanasyeva, Executive Director UVCA – Ukrainian Venture Capital and Private Equity Association
– Nadiia Vasylieva, Founder Digital Transformation Institute of Ukraine
– Deborah Fairlamb, Head of @Ukrainian National Startup Fund
– Anton Verkhovodov, Innovation Strategist Civitta Ukraine (Moderator)
13:30 – Networking
🇬🇧Language: English (without translation)
📆When: 10:00, December 3, Monday
📍Where: UNIT.Core event hall, B1 Building, UNIT.City, 3 Dorohozhytska St., Kyiv.
👉The event is FREE with obligatory registration: https://2event.com/uk/events/1585575.